Whole party...
Happy Birthday to you...

Candid shots...

I have been taking pictures - weekly in fact - but I haven't been updating the blog. I am keeping up with pictures on facebook, a book on blurb.com that goes week by week, and her scrapbook and professional pics every 2-3 months...I just need to get a lot of it on HERE! I have her last couple of giraffe pics to put up too...can't believe I took the LAST giraffe pics a few weeks ago, just after her 1st birthday. I'll update that slide show for the last time this week, but I'll also put a pic from that here...
Miss Natalie is becoming a little more...demanding...now. I have been trying to slowly wean her from the bottle since her 1st birthday. With breakfast and lunch now she gets milk in her sippy cup. She still needs a bottle to go to sleep - nap and bedtime at night. Today, however, she had her own plans. For Father's day, we went to church and she played with the 'big kids' on the playground. She got very sleepy and took a two hour nap with us. (yay!) When she woke up, I tried to feed her lunch, since she fell asleep before she could eat lunch. She was not having it. I took her out of her high chair and walked in the kitchen. She lunged forward, index finger pointed, and shouted "THAT!!!" She was pointing to her bottle drying rack. There was NO mistaking what she wanted. I was not ready to give in. I had Jon pour milk in a sippy cup for her. She took one sip, slammed the cup back down and did it again: "THAT!!!!!!!" she pointed at her bottles. I gave in. We gave her a bottle in her high chair. She drank non-stop for about 2-3 mintues, slammed the bottle down while saying, "AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Then, "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM", smiled, and drank the rest of her bottle! Well...why not? She's only 13 months old...guess there's time enough for weaning...
Her favorite word is "Yeah." You can ask her any question, such as, "Natalie, are you hungry?" "Yeah" she says. "Natalie, did you poop?" "YEAH!" "Natalie, why will you not nap today?" "Daddy!" "You won't nap because Daddy's home?" "YEAH!"...she's so funny! She does some animal sounds. She brought me the chicken from her little barn today, saying, "bock bock!" it was so cute! she does "Baaahh baahh" for the sheep and 'ssssss' for the snake. She loves Baby Einstein videos and loves to watch the same one over and over. Whoever made those videos with a 'repeat play' option needs to be paid the big bucks...
She loves to say, "ROOOOOAAAAARRRR" like a tiger and will do that over and over. She walks all the time now unless she's playing 'charge' with Daddy. They charge each other on hands and knees, and Natalie squeals and laughs and face plants because she gets so excited. She's so much fun now, for the most part, I just wish she'd get a break from teething and would STOP biting! And NO, I'm not going to bite her back. I think that's sadistic and cruel and if one more person suggests that to me I am going to scream, I don't care if it worked for you! Sorry...had to rant there a little...! More pics soon and YES I am going to try to update the blog more...! :-)
A few more pics that are recent...



No comments:
Post a Comment