Thursday, July 24, 2008

Daddy's Girl

I love to watch Jon with Natalie. I love that he treats her like a real person who has feelings and the ability to understand what is being said to her, instead of talking about her and over her like a lot of people do around babies. He will take the time to explain what he is doing or is about to do with her: "I'm going to give you a bath now, and then we can hang out on the couch for a while." And it is wonderful to watch her respond to him with coos and little facial expressions ranging from curious and confused to happy and delighted with little grins and grunts in between!

He was the first person who could 'talk' to her and have her 'talk' back to him in high and low pitched coos that are very long and expressive and sometimes include balled fists and shaking arms to get her point across even better. Natalie is already a Daddy's girl, and watching them together prompted this layout of some of my favorite pictures of them together:



Also, I have updated the photo montage of Natalie's week by week pics as of 7/22. Scroll down (or click the link to the left) to watch her grow week by week...and here is one more picture of Daddy's girl...

No comments: