But when we are home, it is a constant battle to get her to sleep anytime or anywhere. Not her crib. Certainly not the swing - she's figured out I put her in there to go to sleep so she starts fussing when she's hovering above the swing - before she even touches the seat! Jon and I have come to the conclusion that she just gets bored at home. She takes after me - I have to go out or I get stir-crazy.
BUT what this means for me is that I NEVER NEVER NEVER get things done at home now! The most I've done for almost a month is the bare minimum cleaning, and posting these three blogs! Usually it's while she's taking one of her few cat naps - 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there - and I'm just praying that she won't wake up before I can make myself lunch. When she finally sleeps, who wants to do the dishes? I'm so scared I'll wake her that I am almost afraid to click my nails on the keyboard!
On the flip side, Jon and I have been able to eat dinner together a few times after she's gone down for the night because we are not scared to death to wait a little while before going to bed. But by the time she does finally go down at night, I am exhausted from trying to keep her happy all day - who has the energy to get anything done?!
I have a friend who's babies took 4 hour naps during the day. Man, what's that like? During the day I have to remimd myself that she sleeps at night - and that is VERY important! We started Baby Einstein today - and she was watching it for a while, mesmerized...and then she fell asleep, almost an hour ago, and she's still sleeping. Is this the secret we've been looking for?! This is my favorite picture of Natalie sleeping...isn't she peaceful when she SLEEPS?!

1 comment:
Have you tried babywearing? It was our savior when N was a baby. She was a cranky baby for the first four months and would not nap. Once we started wearing her, she slept. Ah. Doug liked the Moby Wrap and I liked my freehand Mei Tai. We wore her between the two of us about 5-7 hous a day! And the ebst part was we could get other things done while wearing her. Good Luck!!
Post a Comment